The Board, its composition and objectives
The Sewerage Board of Limassol – Amathus is a public utility organisation established by the Council of Ministers Order 248/80 on 5 September 1980 in accordance with the provisions of the Sewerage Systems Law 1971 - 2017. The cornerstone of its mission is the construction, operation and maintenance of the central sewerage system for the collection and treatment of municipal wastewater of the Greater Limassol area, as well as the construction of the basic infrastructure of the stormwater drainage system.
The Board of Management consists of 39 members as follows
- The Mayor of Limassol
- The District Officer of Limassol
- All the Councillors of the Municipality of Limassol (26 members)
- The Mayor of Yermasoyia
- The Mayor of Mesa Yitonia
- The Mayor of Ayios Athanasios
- The Mayor of Kato Polemidia
- The Presidents of the Community Boards of Pyrgos, Parekklisia, Pano Polemidia, Ayios Tychonas, Mouttayiaka and Palodia
- Representative of the Community Board of Moni
The Chairman of the Board is the Mayor of Limassol, Mr Nicos Nicolaides.
For the time being the Sewerage Board of Limassol – Amathus employs 69 persons with the Mayor of Limassol, as its Chairman and Mr. Iacovos Papaiacovou as its General Manage